Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Resurrection Of Garageland #1 with live performance from Rhia Simone and Jimmy Caroll

Last night my radio show Garageland resurrected from the dead at PBS106.7fm. It was a super emotional night for me after three years out of the radio chair. A huge shout out to the legend himself Ken Eavel who's time slot I took over. He has helped me get through many late nights when I was completing my Bachelor and Masters at university- what a boss. I hope he enjoys a short break from radio and comes back on real soon xoxoox


Here is the playlist Tuesday the 1st of November, (The end of my Saturn Return).

Steve Miller Band (Melbourne Version)- Who Do You Love
The Cramps- Drug Train
Missing Links- Come Inside My Heart
3's A Crowd- Keep On Walking
General Men- I Think I'm Coming Down With Something
The Black Keys- RUBBER FACTORY
Battlehounds- Good Man
Dorsal Fins- Romeo
Morrissey- Do Your Best and don't worry
Ronnie Spector- She Talks To Rainbows
Patti Smith- April Fool
Bobby Dylan- I Want You
Fleetwood Mac- The Chain
Lee Hazlewood- Monday Morning 
Johnny Cash- I Hung My Head
The Council- Got A New Way
Chris Russels Chicken Walk- Mermaids
Cosmic Psychos- Lost Cause
Noise Attack- Wish I Was Him
Bits Of Shit- Rock Sing
The Pixies- Debaser
Ooga Boogas- Circle Of Trust
The Goon Sax- Boyfriend
The White Stripes- I can Tell That We Are Going To Be Friends
Bikini Kill- Rebel Girl
L7- Bite The Wax Tadpole
Betty Lavette- Thankful+Thoughtful
Andre Williams- I Wanna Be Your Favourite Pair of Pajamas
Cash Savage and The Last Drinks- Howling For Me 

A huge thanks to Rhia Simone and Jimmy Caroll for coming into break some hearts and sing there beautiful tunes. You can find some of Jimmy's heartbreaking country tunes just here:
https://jimmycarroll.bandcamp.com/releases 


Jimmy Carroll + Rhia Simone
(Melbourne Country Duo)

I love this film clip of Melbourne babes the SMB. Treat Yourself. 

Also the new Film Clip by Melbourne legends Palm Springs is finished. It features all my favourite rock and roll ladies and yours truly get's the winning goal. Bloody stoked- chicks who play footy are so badass. xxxxx

Thanks for tuning in legends, if you missed the show and want a listen back, check in here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment