Friday, August 5, 2011

Garageland: What my new Radio show is about!

Presented by Ruby Soho
Every Wednesday night from 10:00pm to 12:00am
On the worlds best radio station 106.7PBS.fm

For me, my real life really started in the Garage. It was the place where I first played a guitar, learned how to spin dads old vinyl, where I listened to my first punk rock records, started my first band, drank my first beer, threw my first parties and fell in love for the first time. In the garage I learned the lessons for my future. It was my home.
Garageland is the track of a rock and rollers past and future.

Garageland explores the journey of the musician, perhaps it’s Roky Erickson before or after the psychedelic trip that would change his life forever, or the exploration of a 16 year old pubescent teenager from Pakenham causing some anarchy because no one understands him or her. Garageland is the exploration of the real characters in our story, the music makers, the dreamers of the dreams.

Whether it's rock and roll, blues, punk rock, soul or whatever genre the musician identifies themselves with, Garageland is their mix tape. These songs are the tracks of our past, that today shape our future, the songs we identify with when things are great or truly miserable. These musicians played not for the man or his money, but for the love of the music.

Each week I'll incorporate special guests into the program that have shaped my love for rock and roll. From musos to the fans, Garageland is the celebration of us celebrating the best religion ever ... music.

Included features: A gig guide: for the rock and roll capital of the world: Melbourne, special guests and just general rad times...

Catch you on the other side amigos.
Peace and love
Ruby Soho

Email me and gigs, news, interview requests to: garageland.ruby@gmail.com
And post any new music to:

Garageland, Ruby Soho
PBS.fm
47 Easey Street
Collingwood, VIC, AUS, 3066
If you missed the first week you can always listen over my archive http://www.pbsfm.org.au/garageland/audio

No comments:

Post a Comment