Thursday, August 18, 2011

Musical Chairs on the Breakfast Spread

Thanks to Jenny and Crispi on the breakfast spread @ PBS.fm for a rad old time on musical chairs this morning... you can listen to the broadcast from the archive from here:
http://www.pbsfm.org.au/node/10152
(about a third of the way in)


Questions asked and tracks played 
 1. What is the first song that you played on your first pbs show? (not a fill-in)
I couldn't actually remember but knowing how simple minded I am I would have started it with the track that originated my show.. Garageland, by The Clash. The whole concept of the show came to me after I first watched The Future is Unwritten: Joe Strummer in 2007... it changed my life. 






2. What is your favourite gig that you've been to and your highlight track from it?
Antwerp @ Trix.... Roky Erickson- (whole set) but for listeners good times.. Don’t Slander Me. Being able to see Roky Erickson live was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.. it may have been hyped by the fact that I hadn't seen a band in two months. A hard question but I think I nailed it... and good to give the Aussy rendition a spin to. I love the Double Agents.





3. What's the song that's guaranteed to get a response from your listeners? (e.g. A Killer Track)
Cold Blooded Old Times. Smog.... every time I play it a few people call in. 
It just brings me back to that magical weekend away at ATP @ Buller. The time of my life. 
This video is sooo the ride home... seedy as, but pretty good if Bill Calahan is involved I do say. 


4. What is a track from a local act that best represents your show?
I could have done a million... in my rushed state I just chucked on that newest record by the UV Race, the song about a street... because we were talking about Rae Street... bloody deadshit I am.. great track though.

5. What is the song that best defines your life thus far?
The Dictators, Pussy and Money… No Brainer.... this song/ album saved me in sooo many ways. So what if my mates don't understand me.. the Dictators do, life's a real funny joke!




No comments:

Post a Comment