Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Inside the life of a Manic Depressive (Bipolar Angel)

Hey legends,
I've been overwhelmed with all the love and support over the last few weeks since opening up about my mental illness.
I've had Bipolar disorder (Manic depression) my whole life. I was diagnosed when I was 20 and it is a hereditary condition I picked up from my mums side of the family.
I've made it pretty public that I'm locked up in the loony bin because I want to bring awareness to the issue of mental health. It is a hugely underfunded sector and my treatment over the last week indicates a lot of education and money needs to be spent on it to make it better.
I love my bipolar diagnosis: most of my favourite artists had the disease (Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain.... The list goes on). It's why I shred on the guitar and adore art.
A lot of people have been trying to give me advice on how to cope and handle my illness. I'm 29 years old, I'm an educated grown woman and I've lived with this my whole life. No one knows how to cure my own mental health better than I do.
Thanks for your concern and advice. If you are worried about my well being, please watch this documentary by Steven Fry- it will give you a new perspective on Bipolar Disorder and maybe make you understand how to help someone in a manic state.
The answer is not to put them in a prison. Day 6 of detention is hell. I've taken up smoking and they won't even let us into the sunshine on this glorious day. ðŸ˜–🔫
Someone please get me outta here!!!!?!??


There are 2 parts to this amazing documentary. Grab some popcorn and a choc top and treat yo self! (:





No comments:

Post a Comment