Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Resurrection of Garageland

The Resurrection of Garageland:

Hey legends, 


It has been way to long between posts. Missed you all..



It’s been just over three years since my life went up in smoke and I turned my back on Garageland. I didn't discuss it with many people as I was to embarrassed. I finished the show after I had fallen asleep at the wheel of the rose truck, hell... I was a burn out. The rose farm was about to go bankrupt, I was trying to finish university, juggle another two jobs and I was in an two sided abusive relationship. I was an exhausted mess, stressed and my radio had become sloppy.
I have grown a great deal since that March in 2013. The family and I have turned the business right around and we are finally enjoying the fruits of our labour. Flower farming (any job really) can be an incredibly tough game but I am happy that we survived and I am so much wiser because of the experience. I have finally found a good work life balance after completing my Masters in Teaching and the degree has helped me become more confident, articulate and develop my belief systems and finally pull myself out of that relationship.
I have truly missed being on the airwaves and being around PBS the past few years and after being back around the last couple of months it feels like I’m in my second home and it is what my soul has been yearning for.
If love is my religion, music is my scripture and community radio (PBS/RRR in particular in the rock and roll mecca) they are only some of the places that still broadcasts authentic broadcasting. Community radio has helped me through every horrible/good time in my life and I would love nothing more then to be able to be on the airwaves again.
I have recorded a demo and it is available for you on the studio 3 computer under the file AAARuby Soho Garageland Resurrection in documents file.
I am off  to try and get this little lady resurrected, in the mean time you can listen to my archives here: 
http://www.pbsfm.org.au/garageland
Warm regards and thanks again,
Ruby Soho


No comments:

Post a Comment